Online Casino Internet Security
Security is one of the major issues players have with online casinos. Most players are very sceptical when it comes to giving out their personal and financial information, and for good reason.
Hacking has become more of a threat recently and players are being extra cautious about giving out their personal details online. Keep reading and learn all about the importance of Internet security when you gamble at online casinos.
Understanding Online Casinos' Internet Security
Online casinos have licenses issued by credible organizations. Those casinos are required to submit their games and systems for regular auditing in order to maintain their licenses.
Random Number Generator (RNG) is the heart of a secure and fair online casino. Without this, you can never be sure the online casino plays fair. Since online casinos use decks of cards and slot reels, the RNG is the primary tool, which ensures that the deal of card or a spin of the slot is based purely on chance.
Top casinos take security seriously. Those casinos will provide players with information about the RNG. Outside independent companies test and verify the RNG. All this info will be readily available when you visit their website.
Important Facts About Internet Security
Keep these things in mind:
- SSL. Secure Sockets Layers (SSL) is a method, which ensures secure communication between two points on the Internet. It is used to transmit the data you submitted in encrypted form, making it impossible for someone to interrupt the communication.
- eCOGRA. e-Commerce and Online Gaming Regulation and Assurance is a globally recognized organization that audits and monitors online gambling operators. Accredited online casinos display the eCOGRA seal on their websites. Clicking the seal will give you information regarding which aspects of the casino's operation have been tested or audited by eCOGRA.
- TST. Technical Systems Testing is a Canadian company that provides a number of auditing services to ensure security of online casinos and gaming companies. TST is widely recognized as one of the top testing and compliance organizations in the industry.
- Rogue Casinos. A term used to describe unlicensed and unregulated online casinos that have a history of scamming players. Stay away from casinos labeled as "rogue casino" by large review sites.
- Secure Payment Methods. Aside from the online casinos own security measures, the payment channels these casinos use also employ their own security measures. Payment options such as Visa, Mastercard, Click2Pay, and Skrill have sophisticated security procedures in place to ensure that your money and financial information is safe.
Aside from high-level security measures, make sure you choose an online casino that:
- Has a clear data policy. Online casinos must state their policy regarding your personal data. They should never sell your contact information to marketers. Also, they should keep your payment information encrypted.
- Uses a ticket system to handle email support. They should either use an internal messaging system on their website, or communicate through a ticket system that tracks all of your support messages in order to prevent phishing scams wherein hackers pretend to be the online casino so they can get your login or banking details.
How Do You Ensure Your Security Online?
Crime prevention is everybody's business. It's important that you also take precautionary steps to ensure that you're data will not be compromise.
- Install an excellent anti-virus program on your computer to detect incoming viruses or malware.
- Aside from anti-virus, use a firewall to prevent any unauthorized requests from hackers.
- Make sure that the website you use for payment transactions starts with https:// to guarantee that your request is being processed securely.
- Never share your login details with anyone. Remember, online casinos, or any website that you have an account with, will never email asking for your password or any other personal information.
Contrary to what people believe, online casinos are one of the most secure websites around. Credibility and security are two of the most important characteristics they possess in order to attract new players and keep their current customers. So don't hesitate to register with any of the top accredited online casinos and enjoy safe and fair play.